HX8345 TFT display driver library
The HX8345 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
HX8345 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the HX8345 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the HX8345 driver software support please go to the library description.
HX8345 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The HX8345 supports TFT screens with a size up to 128 x 160 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- HX8345 frame buffer organization: 128 RGB pixels on scan line, 160 lines.
Processor interfaces on HX8345
HX8345 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on HX8345
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 first byte in CS frame contains: device code, DC, RW
- In SPI bus mode the frame buffer memory can not be read.
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the HX8345 display driver software package.
Special HX8345 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- Himax Technologies Inc. http://www.himax.com/tw