HX8357 TFT display driver library
The HX8357 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
HX8357 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the HX8357 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the HX8357 driver software support please go to the library description.
HX8357 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The HX8357 supports TFT screens with a size up to 320 x 480 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit, 24-bit.
- HX8357 frame buffer organization: 320 RGB pixels on scan line, 480 lines.
Processor interfaces on HX8357
HX8357 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 bit, 24 bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the HX8357 display driver software package.
Special HX8357 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- Himax Technologies Inc. http://www.himax.com/tw