HX8368 TFT display driver library
The HX8368 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
HX8368 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the HX8368 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the HX8368 driver software support please go to the library description.
HX8368 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The HX8368 supports TFT screens with a size up to 320 x 240 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- HX8368 frame buffer organization: 320 RGB pixels on scan line, 240 lines.
Processor interfaces on HX8368
HX8368 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on HX8368
- SPI bus: 4-wire: /CS, DC, SDIN, SCLK.
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 uses either a 9 bit byte frame where first bit is DC, or a 8 bit frame where the first byte contains the DC flag
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the HX8368 display driver software package.
Special HX8368 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- Himax Technologies Inc. http://www.himax.com/tw