HX8369 TFT display driver library
The HX8369 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
HX8369 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the HX8369 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the HX8369 driver software support please go to the library description.
HX8369 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The HX8369 supports TFT screens with a size up to 480 x 864 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit, 24-bit.
- HX8369 frame buffer organization: 480 RGB pixels on scan line, 864 lines.
Processor interfaces on HX8369
HX8369 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18-bit, 24-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on HX8369
- SPI bus: 4-wire: /CS, DC, SDIN, SCLK.
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 uses either a 9 bit byte frame where first bit is DC, or a 8 bit frame where the first byte contains the DC flag
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the HX8369 display driver software package.
Special HX8369 hardware features:
- Special bus support: DSI transmitter receiver interface, MDDI Interface (Mobile Display Digital Interface).
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- Himax Technologies Inc. http://www.himax.com/tw