ILI9342 TFT display driver library
The ILI9342 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
ILI9342 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the ILI9342 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the ILI9342 driver software support please go to the library description.
ILI9342 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The ILI9342 supports TFT screens with a size up to 320 x 240 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- ILI9342 frame buffer organization: 320 RGB pixels on scan line, 240 lines.
Processor interfaces on ILI9342
ILI9342 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on ILI9342
- SPI bus: 4-wire: /CS, DC, SDIN, SCLK.
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 uses a 9 bit byte frame where first bit is DC
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the ILI9342 display driver software package.
Special ILI9342 hardware features:
- Special bus support: DSI transmitter receiver interface, MDDI Interface (Mobile Display Digital Interface).
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- ILI TECHNOLOGY CORP. http://www.ilitek.com