R61509 TFT display driver library
The R61509 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
R61509 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the R61509 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the R61509 driver software support please go to the library description.
R61509 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The R61509 supports TFT screens with a size up to 240 x 432 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- R61509 frame buffer organization: 240 RGB pixels on scan line, 432 lines.
Processor interfaces on R61509
R61509 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on R61509
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 first byte in CS frame contains: device code, DC, RW. 16 bit transmission frame, (SPI only use 16 bits pr pixel mode)
- In SPI bus mode the frame buffer memory can not be read.
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the R61509 display driver software package.
Special R61509 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- RENESAS Electronics Corporation. http://www.renesas.com