S1D13517 display driver library
The S1D13517 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
S1D13517 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the S1D13517 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the S1D13517 driver software support please go to the library description.
S1D13517 device type
- RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip
frame buffer and a RGB bus to an external display module
(Often the S1D13517 used on a PCB board mounted on the display module itself)
- The S1D13517 supports ext. scan bus screens with a size up to 960 x 960 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip RGB bus driver and bus scan clock generation.
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 24-bit.
- S1D13517 frame buffer organization: 960 RGB pixels on scan line, 960 lines.
Processor interfaces on S1D13517
S1D13517 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the S1D13517 display driver software package.
Special S1D13517 hardware features:
- 16 M-byte external SDRAM video memory.
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- External 24 bit RGB bus with VS, HS, DE, DCLK scan clocks.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- Seiko Epson Corporation. http://www.epson.co.jp