SSD1289 LCD display driver library
The SSD1289 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
SSD1289 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the SSD1289 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the SSD1289 driver software support please go to the library description.
SSD1289 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and LCD screen driver.
- The SSD1289 supports LCD screens with a size up to 240 x 320 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip LCD driver with voltage generator and software controlled contrast regulation.
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- SSD1289 frame buffer organization: 240 RGB pixels on scan line, 320 lines.
Processor interfaces on SSD1289
SSD1289 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on SSD1289
- SPI bus: 4-wire: /CS, DC, SDIN, SCLK.
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 uses a 9 bit byte frame where first bit is DC
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the SSD1289 display driver software package.
Special SSD1289 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Software controlled intensity regulation.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- SOLOMON SYSTECH Ltd. http://www.solomon-systech.com
Seeking a display controller equivalent to SSD1289?
These display controllers have similar internal configuration and graphic rendering features.
The differences are primarily related to display screen sizes or available bus interface types.