ST7511 display driver library
The ST7511 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX UC1611 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic Grey-level library (UC1611 family)
Full GUI display driver code. Processor and C compiler independent C source code.
ST7511 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the ST7511 Grey-level display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the ST7511 driver software support please go to the library description.
ST7511 device type
- Grey-level color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and LCD screen driver.
- The ST7511 supports LCD screens with a size up to 640 x 320 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip LCD driver with voltage generator and software controlled LCD contrast regulation.
- Grey-level pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 4-bit, 2-bit, and 1 bit.
- ST7511 frame buffer organization: 640 Grey-level pixels on scan line, 320 lines.
- Frame buffer storage use vertical storage units with 2, 4 or 8 pixels.
Processor interfaces on ST7511
ST7511 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on ST7511
- SPI bus: 4-wire: /CS, CD, SDIN, SCLK.
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 uses a 9 bit byte frame where first bit is CD
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the ST7511 display driver software package.
Special ST7511 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support
- Support for screen driver contrast regulation in hardware.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- Sitronix Technology Corp. http://www.sitronix.com.tw