HX8347 TFT display driver library
The HX8347, HX8347-G, HX8347-DS, HX8347-A01, HX8347-A, HX8347D, HX8347I, and HX8347-D display controllers are supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
HX8347 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the HX8347 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the HX8347 driver software support please go to the library description.
HX8347 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The HX8347 supports TFT screens with a size up to 240 x 320 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- HX8347 frame buffer organization: 240 RGB pixels on scan line, 320 lines.
Processor interfaces on HX8347
HX8347 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on HX8347
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 first byte in CS frame contains: device code, DC, RW. 16 or 24 bit transmission frame
- In SPI bus mode the frame buffer memory can not be read.
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the HX8347 display driver software package.
Special HX8347 hardware features:
- A-I variants have slightly different command sets and data formats..
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- Himax Technologies Inc. http://www.himax.com/tw
Seeking a display controller equivalent to HX8347?
HX8325 HX8352 HX8353 HX8367 ILI9340 ILI9341 ILI9163 NT39122 SPFD54126 SSD1355 ST7715 ST7628 ST7735 ST7773 ST7789
These display controllers have similar internal configuration and graphic rendering features.
The differences are primarily related to display screen sizes or available bus interface types.