ST7789 TFT display driver library
The ST7789, ST7789C, ST7789V, ST7789V2, ST7789V3, ST7789VI, ST7789H2, and ST7789VW display controllers are supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
ST7789 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the ST7789 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the ST7789 driver software support please go to the library description.
ST7789 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The ST7789 supports TFT screens with a size up to 240 x 320 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- ST7789 frame buffer organization: 240 RGB pixels on scan line, 320 lines.
Processor interfaces on ST7789
ST7789 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on ST7789
- SPI bus: 4-wire: /CS, DC, SDIN, SCLK.
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 uses a 9 bit byte frame where first bit is DC
- In SPI bus mode the frame buffer memory can not be read.
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the ST7789 display driver software package.
Special ST7789 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- Sitronix Technology Corp. http://www.sitronix.com.tw
Seeking a display controller equivalent to ST7789?
HX8325 HX8347 HX8352 HX8353 HX8367 ILI9340 ILI9341 ILI9163 NT39122 SPFD54126 SSD1355 ST7715 ST7628 ST7735 ST7773
These display controllers have similar internal configuration and graphic rendering features.
The differences are primarily related to display screen sizes or available bus interface types.