HX8347 TFT display driver library
The HX8347, HX8347-G, HX8347-DS, HX8347-A01, HX8347-A, HX8347D, HX8347I, and HX8347-D display controllers are supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
HX8347 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the HX8347 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the HX8347 driver software support please go to the library description.
HX8347 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The HX8347 supports TFT screens with a size up to 240 x 320 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- HX8347 frame buffer organization: 240 RGB pixels on scan line, 320 lines.
Processor interfaces on HX8347
HX8347 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on HX8347
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 first byte in CS frame contains: device code, DC, RW. 16 or 24 bit transmission frame
- In SPI bus mode the frame buffer memory can not be read.
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the HX8347 display driver software package.
Special HX8347 hardware features:
- A-I variants have slightly different command sets and data formats..
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- Himax Technologies Inc. http://www.himax.com/tw
Seeking a display controller equivalent to HX8347?
These display controllers have similar internal configuration and graphic rendering features.
The differences are primarily related to display screen sizes or available bus interface types.