S6D0118 TFT display driver library
The S6D0118 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
S6D0118 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the S6D0118 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the S6D0118 driver software support please go to the library description.
S6D0118 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The S6D0118 supports TFT screens with a size up to 176 x 240 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- S6D0118 frame buffer organization: 176 RGB pixels on scan line, 240 lines.
Processor interfaces on S6D0118
S6D0118 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on S6D0118
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 first byte in CS frame contains: device code, DC, RW. 16 bit transmission frame, (SPI only use 16 bits pr pixel mode)
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the S6D0118 display driver software package.
Special S6D0118 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD. http://www.samsung.com
Seeking a display controller equivalent to S6D0118?
S6D0129 R61506 SSD1283 SSD1284 SSD1285 SSD1286 TL1771
These display controllers have similar internal configuration and graphic rendering features.
The differences are primarily related to display screen sizes or available bus interface types.