SSD1284 TFT display driver library
The SSD1284 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
SSD1284 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the SSD1284 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the SSD1284 driver software support please go to the library description.
SSD1284 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The SSD1284 supports TFT screens with a size up to 132 x 132 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- SSD1284 frame buffer organization: 132 RGB pixels on scan line, 132 lines.
Processor interfaces on SSD1284
SSD1284 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on SSD1284
- SPI bus: 4-wire: /CS, DC, SDIN, SCLK.
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 uses a 9 bit byte frame where first bit is DC
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the SSD1284 display driver software package.
Special SSD1284 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- SOLOMON SYSTECH Ltd. http://www.solomon-systech.com
Seeking a display controller equivalent to SSD1284?
S6D0129 R61506 S6D0118 SSD1283 SSD1285 SSD1286 TL1771
These display controllers have similar internal configuration and graphic rendering features.
The differences are primarily related to display screen sizes or available bus interface types.