International Fonts for many languages
Create text optimized fonts for many languages.
Support for fonts and texts based on 16-bit Unicode and classic 8-bit code-pages.
IconEdit has extensive support for editing and manipulating international fonts.
Fonts can be text optimized so only the characters used in the texts are in the font. This can give great savings in memory space for languages with many characters such as Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
Make 16-bit Unicode fonts for any language supported by your Windows version. Display your text examples with the created font. Later convert the font to any of the many classic 8-bit code-pages.
Easy language selection
Select the languages needed during editing, and the character symbols are immediately added to your font.
Any languages already included in the font are highlighted in white for easy reference.
Immediate feedback during font editing of missing or misshaped characters.
Show texts drawn with the font during creation or editing. Spot missing or misshaped characters. Assure that the text will look all-right in the target application.
Conversion of fonts and texts
Support for and conversion of fonts and texts both ways between 16-bit Unicode and classic 8-bit. Convert between Unicode, DOS, ISO-8859, KOI8, and Windows code-pages.
IconEdit is a Unicode based font editor. On import, IconEdit converts fonts and texts together to Unicode. On export, IconEdit can convert fonts and texts to a classic 8-bit font standard. This is possible if the 8-bit standard supports the necessary characters for the alphabet or language.
- Use existing True-Type (PC) fonts or BDF fonts as inspiration for new bit-mapped fonts. Convert Windows True-Type fonts to bit-mapped fonts for easy use with embedded systems.
- Support for font conversion to the pixel resolution most optimal for a specific display module.
- Pixel fonts with 8, 4, 2-bit gray-level (anti-aliased) symbols or B&W symbols for embedded application.
- Create proportional fonts or mono-spaced fonts. IconEdit has easy conversion between the two types.
- Edit characters individually or as a selected group.
Tools for modifying characters include:
- add or remove character spacing
- redraw with master font
In this case, some of the numbers are inverted.
Font code-page maintenance.
A character consists of two parts that are permanently linked through the code-page system. The parts are the graphic symbol (the glyph) and the digital character value (the code point). The code-page look-up table stores the link.
The character values (code points) for each character are displayed above the character symbols. This is for for easy reference to the Unicode code-point.
- Delete or add font characters and symbols without damaging the code-page look-up. IconEdit automatically keeps font symbol tables and font code-page look-up tables synchronized.
- Open multiple fonts at the same time.
- IconEdit makes it easy to copy groups of font symbols from one font to another.
- Cut and Paste characters without losing the code-point.
- Automatic code-page look-up table checking and maintenance.
Other editing and conversion functions
- Fonts and Symbols as C source code
- International Fonts for multiple languages
- Asiatic Language and Alphabet support
- C string preprocessor for Emoji and Asian texts
- Creating ROM Optimized Fonts and Symbols
- Graphic drawing and image conversion
- Color conversion of fonts, images and symbols
- IconEdit font and symbol editor home page