Fonts and Symbols as C-source code
Convert vector fonts to raster fonts.
- Convert Windows fonts and texts to C-source code fonts.
- Convert pictures and images to C-source code symbols.
Create proportional or mono-spaced raster fonts and save as C-source code.
Fast and easy C-source code font generation
Input height and the name of the target font.
Choose Master Font:
Choose a look.
Create a basic new font:
Add languages in the tick boxes.
Save as C-source code.
C-source code generation
IconEdit can convert fonts and images to a general human-readable C-source code format:
- Save fonts and symbols from IconEdit as C-source code (tables and structures). Then compile the fonts and symbols into your embedded application.
- The C-source code can be used with RAMTEX Virtual fonts for easy storage in external data memory, for instance a serial flash chip.
- Create, load. and save color palettes as C-source code (tables), either as stand-alone working palettes or as part of a palette-based font or group of symbols.
- Import and convert BMP, JPG, or PNG pictures. Edit and re-size to fit your embedded application. Draw text and graphics on an image. Save a group of images as one C-source code file. This is ideal for buttons with special effects.
Convert many Input Formats to the same C-source code format
Import characters, fonts, and images from many sources and convert them all to the same general data format with IconEdit:
- Convert True Type and Open Type vector fonts already installed in Windows to black & white, gray-tone anti-alias, or color fonts.
- Convert Glyph Bitmap Distribution Format (BDF) pixel fonts to black & white symbol fonts.
- Convert Pictures and images to symbols or symbol groups with full or reduced color and pixel resolution. Symbol groups are ideal for animation.
- Convert Texts in any language to text optimized fonts with only the characters in the text.
- Find and convert Text strings from C code text catalogs to text optimized fonts with only the characters in the text strings.
C-source code portability
Save fonts, symbols, and groups of symbols in a general human-readable C-source code format:
- All RAMTEX Color and B&W display controller driver libraries support the same basic symbol and font C-source code format. This makes fonts and symbols portable across display controller types and target hardware.
- B&W (two-color) symbols are compatible with both B&W and Color display driver libraries.
- Gray-level symbols and anti-aliased fonts are compatible with Color display driver libraries.
- RGB Color symbols are compatible with RGB Color libraries. IconEdit can convert the symbols to gray for use with Gray-level libraries.