SSD1960 display driver library
The SSD1960 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
SSD1960 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the SSD1960 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the SSD1960 driver software support please go to the library description.
SSD1960 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and ext. scan bus screen driver.
- The SSD1960 supports ext. scan bus screens with a size up to 320 x 240 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip ext. scan bus driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18 bit.
- SSD1960 frame buffer organization: 320 RGB pixels on scan line, 240 lines.
Processor interfaces on SSD1960
SSD1960 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the SSD1960 display driver software package.
Special SSD1960 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- SOLOMON SYSTECH Ltd. http://www.solomon-systech.com