SSD1962 display driver library
The SSD1962 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
SSD1962 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the SSD1962 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the SSD1962 driver software support please go to the library description.
SSD1962 device type
- RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip
frame buffer and a RGB bus to an external display module
(Often the SSD1962 used on a PCB board mounted on the display module itself)
- The SSD1962 supports ext. scan bus screens with a size up to 864 x 480 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip RGB bus driver and bus scan clock generation.
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18 bit.
- SSD1962 frame buffer organization: 864 RGB pixels on scan line, 480 lines.
Processor interfaces on SSD1962
SSD1962 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the SSD1962 display driver software package.
Special SSD1962 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- External 18 bit RGB bus with VS, HS, DE, DCLK scan clocks.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- SOLOMON SYSTECH Ltd. http://www.solomon-systech.com