SSD1338 OLED display driver library
The SSD1338 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
SSD1338 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the SSD1338 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the SSD1338 driver software support please go to the library description.
SSD1338 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and OLED screen driver.
- The SSD1338 supports OLED screens with a size up to 132 x 132 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip OLED driver with voltage generator and software controlled intensity regulation.
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 8-bit, 16-bit, 18-bit.
- SSD1338 frame buffer organization: 132 RGB pixels on scan line, 132 lines.
Processor interfaces on SSD1338
SSD1338 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on SSD1338
- SPI bus: 4-wire: /CS, DC, SDIN, SCLK.
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the SSD1338 display driver software package.
Special SSD1338 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Software controlled intensity regulation.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- SOLOMON SYSTECH Ltd. http://www.solomon-systech.com
Seeking a display controller equivalent to SSD1338?
SSD1339 SSD0332 SSD1331 SSD1332 SSD1333 SSD1335 SSD1351 SSD1353
These display controllers have similar internal configuration and graphic rendering features.
The differences are primarily related to display screen sizes or available bus interface types.