UC1698 LCD display driver library
The UC1698, UC1698G, and UC1698U display controllers are supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
UC1698 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the UC1698 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the UC1698 driver software support please go to the library description.
UC1698 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and LCD screen driver.
- The UC1698 supports LCD screens with a size up to 160 x 128 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip LCD driver with voltage generator and software controlled contrast regulation.
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit.
- UC1698 frame buffer organization: 160 RGB pixels on scan line, 128 lines.
Processor interfaces on UC1698
UC1698 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on UC1698
- SPI bus: 4-wire: /CS, DC, SDIN, SCLK.
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 uses a 9 bit byte frame where first bit is DC
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the UC1698 display driver software package.
Special UC1698 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Software controlled intensity regulation.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- UltraChip Inc. http://www.ultrachip.com