UC1697 LCD display driver library
The UC1697 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
UC1697 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the UC1697 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the UC1697 driver software support please go to the library description.
UC1697 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and LCD screen driver.
- The UC1697 supports LCD screens with a size up to 128 x 128 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip LCD driver with voltage generator and software controlled contrast regulation.
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit.
- UC1697 frame buffer organization: 128 RGB pixels on scan line, 128 lines.
Processor interfaces on UC1697
UC1697 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on UC1697
- SPI bus: 4-wire: /CS, DC, SDIN, SCLK.
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 uses a 9 bit byte frame where first bit is DC
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the UC1697 display driver software package.
Special UC1697 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Software controlled intensity regulation.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- UltraChip Inc. http://www.ultrachip.com