ILI9222 TFT display driver library
The ILI9222 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
ILI9222 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the ILI9222 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the ILI9222 driver software support please go to the library description.
ILI9222 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The ILI9222 supports TFT screens with a size up to 176 x 220 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- ILI9222 frame buffer organization: 176 RGB pixels on scan line, 220 lines.
Processor interfaces on ILI9222
ILI9222 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on ILI9222
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 first byte in CS frame contains: device code, DC, RW. 16 or 24 bit transmission frame
- In SPI bus mode the frame buffer memory can not be read.
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the ILI9222 display driver software package.
Special ILI9222 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- ILI TECHNOLOGY CORP. http://www.ilitek.com
Seeking a display controller equivalent to ILI9222?
These display controllers have similar internal configuration and graphic rendering features.
The differences are primarily related to display screen sizes or available bus interface types.