ST7787 TFT display driver library
The ST7787 display controller is supported by the RAMTEX S6D0129 display driver library package.
More info about Graphic RGB Color library (S6D0129 family)
Full GUI display driver C source code. Processor and C compiler independent.
ST7787 display controller characteristics
Below is a brief introduction to the main characteristics for the ST7787 RGB display controller (seen from a software driver design viewpoint).
For information about the ST7787 driver software support please go to the library description.
ST7787 device type
- COG RGB color display controller for use in small embedded systems with on-chip frame buffer and TFT screen driver.
- The ST7787 supports TFT screens with a size up to 240 x 320 pixels (WxH)
- On-chip TFT driver with voltage generator
- RGB pixel resolution (bits per pixel): 16-bit, 18-bit.
- ST7787 frame buffer organization: 240 RGB pixels on scan line, 320 lines.
Processor interfaces on ST7787
ST7787 parallel bus interface
- Parallel bus types: 8080 bus type and 6800 bus type
- Parallel bus size: 8-bit, 16-bit, 18 (32)-bit.
- Addressing concept: Indexed bus interface (1 chip select pin + 1 address bit pin (Data/Command))
Serial bus interfaces on ST7787
- SPI bus: 3-wire: /CS, SDIN, SCLK. SPI-3 uses a 9 bit byte frame where first bit is DC
- In SPI bus mode the frame buffer memory can not be read.
- The bus interfaces are all supported by the ST7787 display driver software package.
Special ST7787 hardware features:
- 0-180, 90-270 degree frame buffer rotation with hardware support. Portrait mode, landscape mode.
- Full driver software support.
Display controller vendor
- Sitronix Technology Corp. http://www.sitronix.com.tw