Graphic Color Dot Matrix Driver Library for the SSD0323 family of Grey-level OLED display controllers
The SSD0323 display driver library package is optimized for use in small embedded systems using OLED display modules with display controller chip types in the SSD0323 display controller family:
The Grey-Level OLED display driver library implements the powerful and flexible high-level GUI application interface functions and features set common for RAMTEX Color Dot Matrix library packages.
- Display controller family features
- Supports Grey-level display controllers for OLED display screen types
- All dot matrix display screen sizes supported by the display controller family. For instance: 128x64, 80x84, 96x64 etc.
- 4 bits pr pixel grey-shade mode.
- 0, 180-degree display rotation.
- Support for 8-bit parallel bus modes and serial bus modes (e.g. SPI). All the display controllers use indexed bus addressing (only one address pin used). Small connector pin count.
- Touch Screen support
- Display driver C source code
- GUI display controller driver library provided as full C source code.
- Standard conforming C source code. Can be used with embedded processors supported by a C, C++, or EC++ standard-conforming compiler.
- Processor and OS independent driver code. Standardized I/O functions create driver source code portability.
- No run-time licenses.
- Grey-Level OLED PC-simulator included for debugging of target applications with standard PC compilers.
- Comprehensive easy-to-read manual with examples
- Graphic symbols
- One common function interface supports multiple symbol pixel data
- 1 bit per pixel (B&W or two-color)
- 8, 4, 2 bit-pr-pixel grey symbols
- 8, 4, 2 bits per pixel grey-level (anti-aliased)
- Transparent handling for both use of gray-scale symbols and black-and-white symbols.
- Free user definition of special symbols.
- One common function interface supports multiple symbol pixel data formats:
- Graphic drawing
- Graphic line drawing and pixel setting.
- Graphic Rectangle and Block drawing.
- Graphic buffer Cut and Paste.
- Transparent symbol pixels. Symbols can use any geometric form.
- Rotation of text and graphic symbols
- Fonts and Text support
- Character and text string functions.
- Soft-font support
- Support for extended codepage tables, ISO-IEC 10646, and UNICODE.
- Support for extended character set handling. Multibyte character strings, wide-char strings.
- Full UTF-8 string support, incl. conversion functions.
- Mono-space and Proportional fonts.
- Support for anti-aliased fonts
- Support for transparent text
- Fonts can be stored as two-color (B&W) symbols to optimize memory consumption.
- Viewports and GUI Styles
- Viewports with scroll, auto-wrap and auto-alignment.
- Tabs and column alignment support.
- Selectable foreground and background colors with both text and graphics.
- Selectable fonts and alignemnt styles.
- Fast block-swapping of foreground and background colors. Ideal for block cursors in menus and progress bars.
- Comprensive, easy-to-use function interface. The powerful feature set enable creation of any GUI style.
- Use relative coordinate set. Create adaptable layouts. Design your owen reuseable GUI functions.
- Low processor memory consumption
- Library is designed for use with embedded processors. Small memory footprint. No heap memory requirement.
- Can operate directly on internal video buffer in the display controller chip. No need for a graphic video buffer in processor RAM.
- Full support for Virtual Fonts, icons, and pictures stored in external memory devices. An easy way to handle large fonts and graphic objects with minimum processor memory consumption.
- Includes support for Virtual Files. Save text strings and application data together with fonts. Enable easy language update after product release.
- Selectable use of direct video memory I/O, or fast delayed update via RAM buffer.
PC mode demo
Graphic OLED driver demo for Windows. (oleddemo.zip = 350K bytes)
This run-time demo is a normal "embedded" GUI application using the library C source code and compiled with Microsoft Visual C/C++. The RAMTEX LCD PC simulator server is used for display controller screen output.